Catalyst: How it Works
Treatment is customized to meet your individual, unique needs. Though the Catalyst schedule varies at each location, most provide the following components:
Group counseling is a powerful and key component of Catalyst. These sessions will help you:
- Integrate the spiritual, emotional and relational aspects of your life.
- Discover where you are right now and set realistic goals for where you would like to be.
- Learn how to establish healthy boundaries for yourself and with others.
- Gain insight through interaction with others in the group.
- Learn and develop effective communication and interrelationship skills.
- Share feelings and learn from other clients in a safe, controlled environment.
During your time at Catalyst, you will be assigned a personal therapist who will be dedicated to helping you:
- Identify and clarify personal problems and issues.
- Understand developmental issues related to your relationship difficulties and emotional problems.
- Learn, practice, and develop new coping skills that are practical and applicable to your everyday life.
- Discover family issues that have contributed to unhealthy choices and lifestyles.
- Prepare for leaving the program and continuing the healing process.
Spiritual Growth Group
A specific goal of Catalyst is to restore, renew and refresh your relationship with God. This group will help you:
- Discover and work through the emotional and spiritual obstacles that prevent you from experiencing God’s purpose and plan for your life.
- Understand yourself better and learn how to more fully and completely experience God’s love, forgiveness, and acceptance.
- Develop practical strategies that will help you lead a life of spiritual integrity on a daily basis.
Creative Discovery Group
While most of the Catalyst program is designed to process issues verbally, expressive therapy incorporates different approaches, such as:
- Art therapy
- Interactive activities
- Relaxation techniques
Life Skills Group
Daily life skills groups are an important part of Catalyst, where our team will help you grow in:
- Effective communication
- Health and wellness
- Setting boundaries
- Assertiveness techniques
- Coping with life’s difficulties
Another unique benefit of Catalyst is the ability to meet with a psychiatrist who will help:
- Assess current medication and, if necessary, prescribe new medication
- Monitor the effectiveness of your medication
- Track your progress throughout the program
Still Not Sure?
Check out this helpful app to answer questions to your obstacles