Available Services at the Wheaton Clinic
With a broad range of professional experience and solid educational backgrounds, our Outpatient Christian counselors are able to help individuals (ages two years old through geriatric), couples, and families address the concerns and hurts that are affecting them emotionally, relationally, physically, and spiritually. Through developing an individual treatment plan, issues are dealt with effectively to help clients move forward in life and find the restoration they are seeking. People are finding ways to cope with ongoing health concerns, medical management care to address the physical component of their illness, action plans to help them turn their lives around in the right direction, new and effective ways to communicate with loved ones and co-workers, solutions to mending damaged relationships, improved self-image, the courage to stop destructive behaviors, the ability to give and receive forgiveness, new insights into their spirituality, and much more.
In 1987, we created an Adult Day Treatment Program which was a cutting edge type of care at that time and is still quite unique even today. When clients find they are stuck in Outpatient counseling or need to transition from hospital or residential care, Catalyst is the answer. This 3-4 week program allows clients to immerse themselves in the healing process to move along more quickly to a restored and healthy lifestyle. Clients receive care Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. through daily, personalized one-on-one counseling and a variety of group therapies.
After School Program for Adolescents
Breakaway is an intensive outpatient program created by our staff to address the specific issues of adolescents 14-18 years of age. It provides a safe and unique healing environment for those struggling with issues such as depression, fears, anxiety, grief, compulsions, self-harm, poor self-image, stress, problems at school and home, family divorce, and poor relationships. The program meets Monday through Thursday from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. so the student can continue to attend school during the day and typically runs for four weeks. The adolescents receive individual and group therapy, and families are involved in a weekly educational support group. Click here for more information about this wonderful program.
Neurofeedback is an alternative treatment for ADHD, Depression, Anxiety and more. Neurofeedback is a safe and non-invasive method;of shaping brain wave activity, by which the brain learns to function more efficiently. We observe the brain in action from moment to moment and show that information back to the person through audio and visual cues. We reward the brain for changing its own activity to more appropriate patterns. This is a gradual and client-led learning process of self-regulation. Click here for more information about Neurofeedback.
We hope that the above information about our Wheaton clinic was helpful. Our staff looks forward to coming alongside you to help you with your specific concerns and struggles. You don’t have to go it alone! Please give us a call to schedule an appointment, for more information, or for a brief telephone assessment to determine which program is right for you.
The Meier Clinics of Illinois offers an APA-accredited doctoral internship in psychology in collaboration with the Chicago Area Christian Training Consortium. This training program provides an opportunity to learn clinical applications with a Christian emphasis.
Each year, two students will be selected to participate in the program. Two of these students will participate in the clinical psychology program and one will participate in the neuropsychology program. This is a 12-month internship that requires 2,000 hours with at least 25% of this time in direct client contact. The clinical psychology pre-doctoral internship will include therapy with children, adolescents
We do not offer Master-level internships at this time.
Meier Clinics of Wheaton, IL offers a formal post-doctoral fellowship to two students who have graduated from a doctoral graduate program in clinical psychology and who have completed their pre-doctoral internship. It is a full-time (45 hours /week), 12-month position. This is a rigorous and excellent training opportunity for any clinical post-doctorate student preparing them for licensing and independent practice of clinical psychology. The post-doctoral fellowship starts August 1st and will be completed July 31st the following year. It is supervised by a licensed psychologist. Upon completion of this fellowship, fellows will be considered for hire based upon the need of Meier Clinics at the time.
- See 15-20 outpatients per week, under the license of the supervising psychologist.
- Psychological testing, 6-8 hours per week: The fellow will engage in approximately two to assessment cases per month.
- Catalyst PHP and/ or Breakaway 8-10 hours per week: The fellow will facilitate didactic and provide individual therapy as assigned. The fellow will also facilitate the aftercare groups for the Catalyst and Breakaway programs. They will participate in both the Catalyst and Breakaway weekly staffings.
- Supervision received, 3 hours per week, will include one hour of individual supervision, participation in the outpatient group supervision and the psychological testing group supervision.
- Supervision provided to one practicum student.
- Provide didactic training for practicum students 1 hour per week.
Benefits to the Fellow:
- A rigorous and diverse clinical experience to complete their training leading to licensure. It is a well-rounded experience that includes outpatient, IOP, PHP treatment programs.
- Provide therapy for individual, martial, family and group modalities across the age spectrum and across a large variety of treatment issues.
- Refine assessment and report writing skills.
- Training in the business of psychology.
- Opportunity to learn skills by providing supervision to other students.
- Complete the required 1750 hours with half of these being client contact hours for licensure in Illinois. The fellow will accumulate 2000 hours which meets or exceeds licensure in other states with at least half of the total hours being direct client contact.
If you would like more information, or to apply for the post-doctoral fellowship, please submit a letter of interest, CV and 3 professional reference letters to Dr. Brad Kahle – email@example.com.