Treatment issues: Anxiety, Anger, Trauma, Grief/Loss, Depression, Identity Development, Shame/Guilt, Family Relationships, Children of Divorced parents, Family of Origin issues, Parenting, Blended families, Bonding, Boundaries, Cross-Cultural Issues, Asperger’s, ADHD, Early Childhood Development
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (2011) from University of Washington – Seattle, WA
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work from (2011) University of Washington – Seattle, WA
- Foundations of Biblical Counseling Certificate (2014), CCEF – Philadelphia, PA
- Master of Science in Counseling (2018) from Clarks Summit University – Clarks Summit, PA
- Creative Expressive Arts Training Certificate (June 2020) from NWCEAI – Seattle, WA
Background and Experience: Nicole has experience in daycare work, administrative work, and youth and children ministry. Having interned in the Catalyst Day program, Nicole helps you set goals that are reasonable and measurable so that you can heal, grow, and develop. She will help you practice getting the grace and truth you need over time in healthy and safe relationships.
Special Interests and Services: Nicole is a therapist who enjoys working with children and adolescents. She can help with disruptive behaviors, emotional regulation, sensory difficulties, and social and life skill development. Depending on what the individual needs, she can utilize CBT and Interpersonal techniques, Creative Expressive Arts Therapy, Object Relations theory, and Family Systems therapy.
Additional Information: Having grown up as an American born Chinese, Nicole is a cultural broker between American and Chinese cultures. She has developed a general awareness and sensitivity to how people relate to one another across the world. For families that hold Christian beliefs, Nicole can also bring elements of faith and a Biblical perspective into treatment when needed.