Dr. Paul Meier
Dr. Meier’s Latest Books
Click on the books titles below to order online.
Throwing temper tantrums. Swallowing indigestible items. Coloring on walls. Breaking expensive things. Going over data limits. Sound familiar? At one point or another, you’ll have to face a stubborn, uncooperative child and attempt to bend him or her to your will. That’s when you know that the struggle is real. As a 21st century parent, you try to figure out which tactics to use out of the many you’ve heard of, including those shared by your parents, your friends and parenting experts. At this point, you’ll try almost anything. Drs. Paul Meier and Alicia La Hoz understand the struggle of raising holistic children while taking into account their development, personality, and social and emotional growth. In this book, they share insights based on research and theology to help you: -Raise confident children -Foster your child’s spiritual growth -Motivate your child -Provide appropriate discipline -Help your child cope with their feelings and emotions -Know when to seek professional help for mental health concerns Think of this book as a guide for navigating through your toddler’s, teenager’s or young adult’s emotions and behaviors. You’ll learn how to turn the struggle into a success. You and your children will be all the better for it.
Be Strong and Surrender is a 30 day recovery guide that will transform your life. Combining their over 80 years of professional clinical ministry experience, the authors come alongside those on the recovery journey with a wealth of warmth and wisdom. Power-packed practical principles for victorious living abound in this unique and heart-hitting guide to healing and growth. Whether you are currently overwhelmed within the throes of an addictive struggle or are well along the pathway to recovery, this book will encourage, educate, equip and empower you as you seek wholeness.
For every copy sold of these books, 10% will go to the Meier Clinics Foundation.
Learn more about Growing Stronger by visiting growingstrongerministries.com.
Download Dr. Meier’s Free E Books
Rooted in Peace: Uprooting Anxiety in Your Life by Dr. Paul Meier and Nancy Brown
Meaning In Life: Enhancing the Joy and Fulfillment in Your Life by Dr. Paul Meier and Dr. Keith Cobern
Obtaining Peace: Conquering Anxiety, Worry and Fear by Dr. Paul Meier
A Message from Paul Meier, M.D.
Life is difficult and will certainly have sometimes of pain, but I know from over thirty years of practice that at least half the pain we go through is unnecessary. And you know what? We can learn and grow into better people from the half that is unavoidable.
In 1976, I co-founded a clinic to address mental health and relational issues of those who were looking for counseling care that did not conflict with their Christian beliefs–a safe haven where people could receive counsel and medical care from highly trained professionals who would use the skills and knowledge they had learned from years of schooling but that was based on fundamental Christian beliefs. Clients coming to us didn’t have to worry that we would take a secular approach to their problems but could have confidence that God’s Word would have final authority. They could speak with caring professionals who would help them use spiritual tools such as the Bible and prayer, and who would incorporate God’s love, grace, and forgiveness, to find true answers to their problems.
Some people prefer to hear truth, others to see it, and others to read it. Our goal is to shoot it straight with each of you and to convey the truth to you in the most loving way possible. Forget the superficial, we go for the truth. We resolve deeper root problems. We see many who have been horribly abused all their lives and relieve their pain by taking them into it first. You may have moments of sadness and grief during the healing process, but it was Jesus who said that those who mourn are blessed because they will be comforted. I am all about positive thinking and positive feelings, but not denial of painful realities. We hope to enable you to find hidden treasures in secret places.
If you are interested in having me come for a speaking engagement, just give my office a call at 972-437-4698 or toll-free at 888-550-8922. One of my caring staff will be happy to speak with you to arrange an appointment with me or one of our other committed staff members.
You do not need to make your journey through life alone! You can have Hope and Peace, and enjoy life again!
In Christ’s Love,
Paul Meier, M.D.
DR. PAUL MEIER’S BIOGRAPHY
Paul Meier is an MD, Psychiatrist, and an Ordained Minister who is the founder of the Meier Clinics. He has authored or co-authored over 80 books, mostly Christian self-help books like Love is a Choice and Happiness is a Choice, and also a series of Bible Prophecy novels, including The Third Millennium. He has been on many secular and Christian TV and radio shows, including Oprah Winfrey, Tom Snyder, Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, Joni Eareckson Tada, Joyce Meyer, and many others. He has traveled to countries all over the world to train both professional and lay counselors, as well as missionaries and pastors, in the field of Christian Counseling. He taught full-time for twelve years at Dallas Theological Seminary, where he spent lots of extra time discipling promising young students like Tony Evans, John Trent, John Townsend, Henry Cloud, and many others.
He has lectured at seminaries around the world including Southwestern Seminary in Ft. Worth, the Baptist Seminary in Cuba, and the Greek Bible Institute and Seminary in Athens. In 1985, he was the team physician for a mountain climbing expedition of Mt. Ararat with American astronaut Jim Irwin to find Noah’s Ark. Dr. Meier’s team was chased away by terrorists.
The Meier Clinics have launched many ministries throughout the years. Countless people have trusted Christ through various Meier Clinics counseling sessions and ministries that have branched off from Meier Clinics. Over 100 Christian psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists, coast-to-coast, see thousands of clients each week, and they provide hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in charitable care.
Dr. Meier’s daily prayer partner is Dr. Jean-Luc Bertrand, of Paris. Dr. Meier’s previous daily prayer partner, Dr. David Larson, died of a heart attack in March of 2002. A permanent Chair (scholarship) was named after Dr. Larson in the Library of Congress because over half of the medical schools in the United States now have courses on spirituality that Dr. Larson designed. The only other permanent Chair in the Library of Congress belongs to Henry Kissinger. The American Association of Christian Counselors honored Dr. Meier in 2003 as a father of the Christian Psychology movement, and Christianity Today Magazine has called Dr. Meier a “Modern Day Reformer” for moving Christianity more toward an openness to admitting faults, getting counseling, being less legalistic, and even a willingness to take psychiatric medications if necessary.
Dr. Meier has been a guest speaker at Awakening, an annual weekend retreat designed as an opportunity for business and political leaders to exchange ideas, examine trends and learn from leading authorities and policymakers in a variety of fields. Dr. Meier was honored and acknowledged in 2007 by President George Bush, members of the U.S. Congress and the NRCC as a Physician of the Year Honoree.
PUBLISHED BOOKS AUTHORED OR CO-AUTHORED BY PAUL MEIER MD (These books have sold more than 8 million copies in more than 30 languages
- The Angry Man
- Ask the Doctors – Questions and Answers
- Be Strong and Surrender
- Beating Burnout – Balanced Living for Busy People
- Beating the Clock – A Guide to Maturing Successfully
- Before Burnout
- Beyond the Millennium (fictional novel)
- Blue Genes – Breaking free from the chemical imbalances that affect your moods, your mind, your life, and your loved ones
- Breaking Through Depression
- Bruised and Broken – Understanding Psychological Problems
- Caring for Aging Loved Ones
- Choices of Champions
- Christian Child Rearing and Personality Development
- Compelled to Achieve
- The Complete Book of Baby and Child Care
- The Complete Life Encyclopedia
- Counseling and the Nature of Man
- Don’t’ Let Jerks Get the Best of You – Dealing with Impossible People
- Experiencing God Outside the Box
- The Fakers – Exploding the Myths of the Supernatural
- Family Foundations
- Fear Less for Life
- Filling the Holes in our Souls
- Effective Small Groups
- Finding Purpose Beyond Our Pain
- First Time Parents
- The First Two Years
- Formula for a Happy Marriage
- The Fourth Millennium (fictional novel)
- Free to Forgive – Daily Devotions for Adult Children of Abuse
- Getting The Best of Your Anger Before It Gets The Best of You
- Guérir à jamais de la dépressionet et des coups de blue (French book on genetics by Dr. Paul Meier and Dr. Jean-Luc Bertrand)
- Growing In Step – Your Guide to Successful Step-parenting
- Growing Stronger – 12 Guidelines Designed to Turn Your Darkest Hour Into Your Greatest Victory
- Happiness Is A Choice – A Manual on the Symptoms, Causes, and Cures of Depression
- Happiness Is A Choice for Teens
- Happy Holidays – How to Beat the Holiday Blues
- The Healthy Christian Life (Available in English and Indonesian)
- The Healthy Pastor
- Hiding from Love
- How to Beat Burnout – Help for Men and Women
- Introduction to Psychology and Counseling (A College Textbook)
- Love Hunger – Recovery from Food Addiction
- Love Hunger Weight-Loss Workbook
- Love Is A Choice – Recovery for Codependent Relationships
- Love Is A Choice Workbook
- Managing Stress and Workaholism
- Mastering Your Moods
- Meaning in Life (with Keith Cobern)
- Meditating for Success
- Mega Millennium Series (fiction)
- Me Too and You: Healing Together from Personal Trauma
- Miracle Drugs – How They Work and What You Should Know About Them
- The Monster Within – Overcoming Bulimia
- Mood Swings
- The Money Diet
- A Mother’s Choice – A Guide to Responsible Parenting
- Mut zur Liebe (German audiobook on Love is a Choice)
- Obtaining Peace
- Overcoming Loneliness
- The Path to Serenity
- The Postpartum Survival Guide
- The Power of a New Attitude Raising Your Child – From Birth to Twelve
- Raising Your Child (From Birth to Twelve)
- Renewing Your Mind in a Secular World
- Rooted in Peace: Uprooting Anxiety from Your Life (with Nancy Brown)
- Safe Places – Finding Serenity in the Passages of Life
- The Secret Code (fictional novel)
- The Serenity Bible (Paul Meier and the Meier clinics editing team)
- Seven Secrets for a Happy Family
- Sex in the Christian Marriage
- Sexual Addiction
- A Solitary Sorrow (Foreward)
- The Spiritual Life Guide
- The Stress Factor
- The Struggle is Real (Modern Parenting)
- Surviving Toddlerhood
- Surviving Traumatic Stress
- Sweet Dreams – A Guide to Productive Sleep
- Taking Control
- Substance Abusers and Their Families
- Teen Health
- The Third Millennium (fictional novel)
- Unbreakable Bonds – Practicing the Art of Loving and Being Loved
- Walk With the Serenity Prayer – Daily Devotions for People in Recovery
- Walvoord: A Tribute
- 100 Ways to Defeat Depression
- 100 Ways to Live a Happy and Successful Life
- 100 Ways to Obtain Peace – Overcoming Anxiety
- We Are Driven
- What I’ve Learned Since I Knew It All
- What They Didn’t Teach You in Seminary
- When Life Isn’t Fair
- Why Be Lonely?–A Guide to Meaningful Relationships
- Windows of the Soul – A Look at Dreams and Their Meanings
- Winning is a Choice
- The Workaholic and His Family
- Worry-Free Living – Turning Anxiety into a Positive Tool
- WWJD? – The Question that Will Change Your Life (devotional)
- You Can Measure Your Mental Health
- You Can Measure Your Spiritual Health
- You Might Be a Narcissist If…